At Evolved Sound, we stay on top of the latest advancements in the On Hold industry. This allows us to always maximise the on hold marketing return of investment for our clients.
Customised On-Hold Advertising is one of the most affordable and effective marketing tools available today. Since it is the customer or prospect that makes the initial contact, you have a very captive market to communicate and sell to right at your fingertips.
Just remember phone on hold messages are…
- highly targeted advertising which can have immense impact.
- sales opportunities that no business can afford to leave untapped!
- no less important than your other marketing areas.
- your profile on the line!
- your chance to make that first lasting impression!
- are recognised as a tax deductible marketing expense.
Here are the facts…
Consumer research reports an estimated…
- 70% of business callers are put on hold.
- 60% of business callers that are placed on hold HANG-UP.
- 30% of these callers DON’T CALL BACK!
- 88% of your business callers prefer professionally produced and personalised on hold messages and will actually listen to what your message has to say.
- 16% of business callers made purchases based on the on hold messages they were listening to.
- 94% of the average marketing / advertising budget is spent getting people to call a business, however only 6% of that budget is spent on on-hold marketing. They call your because of your campaign, then end up hanging up if left to silence.
A national study published by leading telecommunications associations conclude…
- Callers with SILENCE-ON-HOLD will abandon their calls in less than 60 seconds, and 90% hang-up within 40 seconds.
- Callers with MUSIC-ON-HOLD will stay on the line 30 seconds longer than silence.
- Callers with INFORMATION-ON-HOLD will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer.
Even more telephone on hold facts…
- OfficeTeam Survey – “The average executive spends 17 minutes per day on-hold”.
- CNN Survey – “Without music or messages, 60% of those on-hold will hang up and 30% won’t call back”.
- Cellular Marketing Magazine – “Over 85% of callers prefer on-hold messages over silence”.
* Data sourced from consumer research reports, telecommunications association studies & industry publications.